• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

art souther

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida my dad was married to a woman that passed away after she passed the land was in his name and heir's of her's now my dad has recently passed what happen's now do i have to fight the heir's of his deceased wife for the property ?

ecmst12

If there is no will, it depends on how the property was titled. You may need a lawyer to sort it all out.

justalayman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida my dad was married to a woman that passed away after she passed the land was in his name and heir's of her's now my dad has recently passed what happen's now do i have to fight the heir's of his deceased wife for the property ?

first, slow down. You need to be able to accurately convey information in order for anybody to understand you and give you any accurate information in return.

start with when your fathers wife passed. what was done, if anything, to transfer the title to your father and the heirs? If a deed, how was title created; tenants in common, joint tenants, joint tenants with rights of survivorship, or something else I am missing?

depending on what happened, if anything, to transfer title at your step mothers death, that will determine what happens now.

If it was transferred, how many people are listed on the deed?

If title was taken as tenants in common, was there a percentage or share of interest of your father or anybody else stated?

latigo

If there is no will, it depends on how the property was titled. You may need a lawyer to sort it all out.
“There are two kinds of people who don't say much, those who are quiet and those who talk a lot.” (Source unknown)

ecmst12

The level of detail I provide in my responses is directly related to the level of detail provided in the question. You may put away the snark.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">