• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sub-Zero

My Fiance and I are breaking up.

We bought a condo together and I have elected to move out. We initially agreed on her paying me $14,000.00 and when she was able to refinance the home in her name I would sign it over (She has bad credit). The person that was lending her the money to pay me just backed out.

She now want's to pay me $11,000.00 or we will go to court. Personally, I want to sell the house but she say's I can't force her.
I have paid 1/3 of the mortgage for the past 15 months due to myself having to pay child support.

My question is, am I only entitled to the money I have put into this house or am I entitled to half of the going rate?

Thanks in advance!

HomeGuru

You may be entitled to half the equity in the property.
You can indeed force her to sell by filing court action for partiton.

S

Sub-Zero

Thanks for the info. I plan to utilize our free legal advice that I am entitled to at my work.

What's Ironic is that we both work at the same company and we'll have to make sure we get different counsel. :rolleyes:

S

Sub-Zero

The legal service made sure we received different attorneys. She found out I could make her sell and she changed her tune very quickly.

Thanks again for you help. Your advice was right on the money!

S

Sub-Zero

lol, did you receive the check yet?

The agreement was signed by both parties 3 days ago.

For all of you whom have read this, let this show you that a complicated break up can still be civil. Hell, we even carpool still! ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">