• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! being evicted by foreclosure were unaware of

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lil_Weasel

Help! run out of time on eviction attorney making offer

This is probably a first; Hubby & I live in WA, been renting house from his parents since 1/96, found out 7/01 mrtg not paid since 2/01 going into forclosure, talked about "heiring" house to us from a nonassumable loan, didn't happen, said they'd catch up pymnts, 1/15/02 water was shut off (in our city, water can only be in the landlords name, tenant is not resp.) When I called to find out why water was off, I was told the OWNERS, my in-laws signed off on it stating they no longer live there & the house had gone into foreclosure, county records still had inlaws as owners. I inquired further about getting water back on found out the house was foreclosed auction was 11/02/01 no bids on it. I finally reached the mrtg comp., they refused to turn it on, (the mayor interfered & we now have water on. 2/12/02 notice posted on house, to inlaws & unknown occupants for unlawful detainer & we are being sued for $2400 (3 mnths rent) we must answer to plaintiffs attorney by 2/20 I can't find this document, or what my rights are. We need to know what the steps are, what our rights our & if we can slow this eviction down, someone suggested filing BK, to slow it down we're not ready to move, no place to go, or poss buying the house............PLEASE HELP IN ANYWAY

Last edited:

L

Lil_Weasel

eviction on foreclosed home of..inlaws!?!?

Homeguru: THANKYOU for your response, nice to see some compassionate people out there, at least 1 that took the time to answer even if if was a common sense reply..
I consulted a lawyer for $50 ( was all I could afford, or else I'd have hired an attorney to deal with the BS so I did'nt have to). He told me how to respond, putting it off for a few weeks, & hopefully make the inlaws responsible for damages due before we were even aware of the foreclosure. we don't mind paying rent on place till we can find another...... but to have to pack up & move on a moments notice because no one notified us is unbearable ( especially with all the other crap going on right now...anyway thanx...... & if anyone else has ANY advice for a poor hard working soul who can't afford an attorney, please feel free to speak up.. LOUD & CLEAR & thankyou in advance,

One VERY STRESSED OUT ON THE EDGE Lil_Weasel

L

Lil_Weasel

HELP,run out of time on eviction
this is continuance of original post 2/17, rg. live in Wa. rent house from inlaws, got forclosed on11/2/01, were not aware of this till 2/10, when served eviction proceding papres from attorneys of new loan comp. that aquired house ? when:
After consulting an attorney, we responded to with proper papers by date needed 2/20, got call back this AM (2/26) attorney for loan comp offered us to move out by 3/17, he said was a more than generous offer because there is no landlord/tenant relationship between us, also he said this would give us more time than going thru the courts & if we complied they wouldn't ask for monetary judgement, we have 24 HRS to answer his offer.......So now what? Are we being bullied, do we have ANY RIGHTS? He said something about WA doesn't require something..ANY & ALL HELP IS GREATLY NEEDED ASAP & THANKYOU IN ADVANCE

HomeGuru

Lil_Weasel said:
HELP,run out of time on eviction
this is continuance of original post 2/17, rg. live in Wa. rent house from inlaws, got forclosed on11/2/01, were not aware of this till 2/10, when served eviction proceding papres from attorneys of new loan comp. that aquired house ? when:
After consulting an attorney, we responded to with proper papers by date needed 2/20, got call back this AM (2/26) attorney for loan comp offered us to move out by 3/17, he said was a more than generous offer because there is no landlord/tenant relationship between us, also he said this would give us more time than going thru the courts & if we complied they wouldn't ask for monetary judgement, we have 24 HRS to answer his offer.......So now what? Are we being bullied, do we have ANY RIGHTS? He said something about WA doesn't require something..ANY & ALL HELP IS GREATLY NEEDED ASAP & THANKYOU IN ADVANCE
My response: if the property went into foreclosure and the lender "bought it" at the foreclosure sale, then the lender has a right to kick you out at anytime.
I can't respond further since I do not know what the something is that WA doesn't require.
If you want to get the true story, talk to the foreclosure Trustee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">