• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help being evicted and still waiting a one-shot deal from welfare..any suggestions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tamtam123

Help I applied with the welfare department 60 days ago for a one shot deal in New York and still pending a decision from them. I am also pending an eviction any day now and the welfare department has not given me the status of my application either. All they tell me is that it is still going throught he application status. i was originally told by the welfare department that it takes 30 days for a decision to be made but it has been two months and this is really killing me. This is my third time around on this same case going to housing court. I have had two prior extensions because the court has been waiting for the agency to issue this opportunity to me. I don't know what to do at this point and am quite nervous about losing my place. Are there any laws or rights that I may have to help me with this situation? has anyone ever gone through this before when dealing with agencies? Has anyone ever gone through or sought for a one shot deal in New York before?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tamtam123:
Help I applied with the welfare department 60 days ago for a one shot deal in New York and still pending a decision from them. I am also pending an eviction any day now and the welfare department has not given me the status of my application either. All they tell me is that it is still going throught he application status. i was originally told by the welfare department that it takes 30 days for a decision to be made but it has been two months and this is really killing me. This is my third time around on this same case going to housing court. I have had two prior extensions because the court has been waiting for the agency to issue this opportunity to me. I don't know what to do at this point and am quite nervous about losing my place. Are there any laws or rights that I may have to help me with this situation? has anyone ever gone through this before when dealing with agencies? Has anyone ever gone through or sought for a one shot deal in New York before?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to your local Legal Aid office and have an attorney represent you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">