• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help desperate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Roann

What is the name of your state? Ulster county - New York

bought my house from a man that I paid $10,000 cash. He signed a quit claim on the deed. All of the papers have been filed.

He had a mortage holder, we were paying the loan which is in his name. However as I said earlier I filed the quit claim and to my knowledge all is in my name.

I would like to know if the mortage company can take the house I have lived in it a little over a year. I have not been able to refinance this house so far. Can the Mortage co. take or foeclose
on the house even though nothing is in the guys name who sold me the house?
I send the payments to him, the mortasge is 2 payments behind.
He has not sent the money in. I have three children and do not want to loose my house.

Thank You.
:confused:

HomeGuru

Roann said:
What is the name of your state? Ulster county - New York

bought my house from a man that I paid $10,000 cash. He signed a quit claim on the deed. All of the papers have been filed.

He had a mortage holder, we were paying the loan which is in his name. However as I said earlier I filed the quit claim and to my knowledge all is in my name.

I would like to know if the mortage company can take the house I have lived in it a little over a year. I have not been able to refinance this house so far. Can the Mortage co. take or foeclose
on the house even though nothing is in the guys name who sold me the house?
I send the payments to him, the mortasge is 2 payments behind.
He has not sent the money in. I have three children and do not want to loose my house.

Thank You.
:confused:
**A: yes they can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">