• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP!! Home ownership problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Charlynn

Here's the problem....short version...Relationship ended in 1995. We were never married. (and I never used his last name either) I left. He stayed in the house we bought together. Having probelms getting my name off the bank papers. He has tried to refinance but has credit problems. I am running into debt to income ratio problems because I have " 2 mortgages". What do I do to get my name off of the bank papers. To date, he has been paying to montly note on his own. There has got to be a loop hole around this dilemma.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charlynn:
Here's the problem....short version...Relationship ended in 1995. We were never married. (and I never used his last name either) I left. He stayed in the house we bought together. Having probelms getting my name off the bank papers. He has tried to refinance but has credit problems. I am running into debt to income ratio problems because I have " 2 mortgages". What do I do to get my name off of the bank papers. To date, he has been paying to montly note on his own. There has got to be a loop hole around this dilemma. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sell the property.

C

Charlynn

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
Sell the property.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I apologize, maybe I did not clarify myself. He does not want to sell the property. That would be too easy.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charlynn:
Originally posted by HomeGuru:
Sell the property.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I apologize, maybe I did not clarify myself. He does not want to sell the property. That would be too easy.
MY RESPONSE:

I likewise apologize, as there is no magic loophole in the real estate bag of tricks. Who cares if he does not want to sell the property, you need to force the sale through court action by what is known as a partition sale. In the alternative, start paying your share of the mortgage payments and keep your 2 mortgages.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited July 17, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">