• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help I have termites

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lorinegron

I am a first time home owner. Before, purchasing my home (built in 1952) I had all the necessary inspections done and was assured that there was not an existing problem of termites. Less than 60 days later, my husband walks in the bathroom and there were literally hundreds of little white
creepy crawlies aka termites on the floor.
The inspector that orginally checked out the house, pulled the baseboard from the bathroom floor and they were everywhere, subterrainan termites. He said there was no way he could have known they were there during his inspection. Well, what are the termites supposed to do...come out and shake his hand. He is willing to "spot" treat the area for free. What should I do? The house is located in Florida.

[This message has been edited by Lorinegron (edited October 05, 2000).]

T

Tracey

Take him up on his offer. Ask him what other treatments are advisible. Talk to a real estate attorney before signing any releases saying you won't sue.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorinegron:
I am a first time home owner. Before, purchasing my home (built in 1952) I had all the necessary inspections done and was assured that there was not an existing problem of termites. Less than 60 days later, my husband walks in the bathroom and there were literally hundreds of little white
creepy crawlies aka termites on the floor.
The inspector that orginally checked out the house, pulled the baseboard from the bathroom floor and they were everywhere, subterrainan termites. He said there was no way he could have known they were there during his inspection. Well, what are the termites supposed to do...come out and shake his hand. He is willing to "spot" treat the area for free. What should I do? The house is located in Florida.

[This message has been edited by Lorinegron (edited October 05, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the termite inspector performed his inspection properly then he is not liable. The best bet is to install a bait station Sentricon system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">