• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with a property management company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

llicon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My husband and I have a contract with a property management company in Apple Valley Ca. to rent out our home since we are moving next week to Indiana. We do have tenants moving in on October 17th. As of today we submitted our 30 day notice to terminate. We chose to do this based on numerous misleadings from this company. I am hopeing someone can direct me to a place where I can file a complaint against this property management. The issue at hand is that the contract we signed does not clearly state that if we are to terminate within a month of the contract being signed the poperty management will take 50% of the first months rent. The only charge clearly stated on the contract is a $100.00 fee paid by owners to broker if we are to terminate within 4 months. We originally had a one year lease signed by the tenants but was changed month to month with the agrrement from broker, tenants, and us on Sept. 18. After submitting our letter to terminate their services I was threatened by one of the brokers that she will keep the lease agreement and charge us the full one year lease if we continue to complain about the 50% even though we agreed prior to the letter that it was changed month to month. Also the same girl told us we should assume that they would take out the 50% even though it isn't clearly stated in the contract. I was wondering if fraud is an issue? I am concerned now that I will not receive any money back from the tenants deposit and rent because the manager refused to sign a paper stating how much I will receive after they take their fees. I fear they will take everything and say it was all due to them because we terminated. What can I do??

seniorjudge

Triple post warning

what is the name of your state (only u.s. Law)? California

what is the name of your state (only u.s. Law)? California

my husband and i have a contract with a property management company in apple valley ca. To rent out our home since we are moving next week to indiana. We do have tenants moving in on october 17th. As of today we submitted our 30 day notice to terminate. We chose to do this based on numerous misleadings from this company. I am hopeing someone can direct me to a place where i can file a complaint against this property management. The issue at hand is that the contract we signed does not clearly state that if we are to terminate within a month of the contract being signed the poperty management will take 50% of the first months rent. The only charge clearly stated on the contract is a $100.00 fee paid by owners to broker if we are to terminate within 4 months. We originally had a one year lease signed by the tenants but was changed month to month with the agrrement from broker, tenants, and us on sept. 18. After submitting our letter to terminate their services i was threatened by one of the brokers that she will keep the lease agreement and charge us the full one year lease if we continue to complain about the 50% even though we agreed prior to the letter that it was changed month to month. Also the same girl told us we should assume that they would take out the 50% even though it isn't clearly stated in the contract. I was wondering if fraud is an issue? I am concerned now that i will not receive any money back from the tenants deposit and rent because the manager refused to sign a paper stating how much i will receive after they take their fees. I fear they will take everything and say it was all due to them because we terminated. What can i do??
triple post warning

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">