• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

High property taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mannyfe

How do I make sure that the property tax estimates on my property in New Jersey are correct and not over stated. example Land value, School tax, building and who can help if they are over taxing me. Please help i am concerned that this has been going on for a while there was to be a tax decrease in my county but it looks like I was increased.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mannyfe:
How do I make sure that the property tax estimates on my property in New Jersey are correct and not over stated. example Land value, School tax, building and who can help if they are over taxing me. Please help i am concerned that this has been going on for a while there was to be a tax decrease in my county but it looks like I was increased.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can talk directly with the tax assessment office or a private real estate appraiser. Remember that the tax is based on a percentage of fari market value so the value as determined by the tax office must be supported by comparables of like kind property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">