• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

His name on title-I want him out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lillie

I have been living with a man for 8 years. I purchased a mobil home in a park-I paid the down payment and have paid all rent and utilities. His name was put on the title because he said in order for his things to be insured it had to be on the title. Now we've decided to go out separate ways. My question is, can I sell the trailer or do I need his permission since his name is on the title? And also, if I got a personal loan from the bank to pay off the remainder of the trailer, with his name on the title, can I make him move out, since the loan from the bank would be in my name. I need help and anything would help. Thanks!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lillie:
I have been living with a man for 8 years. I purchased a mobil home in a park-I paid the down payment and have paid all rent and utilities. His name was put on the title because he said in order for his things to be insured it had to be on the title. Now we've decided to go out separate ways. My question is, can I sell the trailer or do I need his permission since his name is on the title? And also, if I got a personal loan from the bank to pay off the remainder of the trailer, with his name on the title, can I make him move out, since the loan from the bank would be in my name. I need help and anything would help. Thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since he is on title you need him to sign his interest back to you. Even if you get a loan only in your name he would still have interest in the property and you could not kick him out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">