• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HIV Disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JonT

I am curious if there are any legal ramifications in the state of Washington, if an individual does not disclose their HIV/AIDS diagnosis if a neighboring property receives the affluent from the infected persons septic drain field?

FarmerJ

Jon look at the center for disease control web site contact your local aids project become aware . HIV is very sensitive to temp it doesnt live long outside of the body . HIV in human waste is so tiny that its not a concern and does die away from body temps . And you certainly should not be concerned about waste water that sits in a septic tank for long periods of time , if that septic system is working properly it will allow ALL waste to break down in the tank as it is diluted the bacterial action in the tank should be rendering everything into a rather harmless liquid with no other effect . HIV IS transmitted primarily from UNsafe sex and shared needles . BTW your nieghbor is under no Obligation to tell you anything about there medical history . You have more to fear from neighboring propertys using pesticides ,herbicides , or doing other things that could be far more harmfull to your areas water table If your all on private wells .

J

JonT

Thanks FarmerJ...
That was the info I had and felt secure with as well. It was our septic system and our neighbors well being I was concerned about. Our property problems have been so immense with her that I was afraid that somehow, somewhere down the road, if she ever got word of our medical history she could use it against us. Not that she probably can't if she wants to, but.....thanks again for the support and the info. JonT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">