• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA - Covenants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bath

Colorado - I live on a small lake that has recreational/boating rights for myself and one other lot. A new development has begun on this lake for 14 lake front lots. These homes were to have only wakeless & fishing rights only.(No small motors). One homeowner has put a motorized boat on the lake, stating that the HOA changed the covenants to allow them to boat. There has been no amended covenants with the county, which he says they do not have to file any changes that are made. We are not part of the HOA and we have no rights to the minutes or proceedings. Any suggestions on where I would start with this situation. They where very much aware that we had motorized rights and they did not. Thanks for any advice. (One of the stipulations when this was being developed was that the City stated that this would be wakeless for them)
Thank you...J

HomeGuru

Bath said:
Colorado - I live on a small lake that has recreational/boating rights for myself and one other lot. A new development has begun on this lake for 14 lake front lots. These homes were to have only wakeless & fishing rights only.(No small motors). One homeowner has put a motorized boat on the lake, stating that the HOA changed the covenants to allow them to boat. There has been no amended covenants with the county, which he says they do not have to file any changes that are made. We are not part of the HOA and we have no rights to the minutes or proceedings. Any suggestions on where I would start with this situation. They where very much aware that we had motorized rights and they did not. Thanks for any advice. (One of the stipulations when this was being developed was that the City stated that this would be wakeless for them)
Thank you...J
**A: yes, you would start with contacting your HOA an the City.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">