• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOA will not follow CC&R

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newtothis14

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA
Hi, I live North to LA, California. I received a written approval (with blueprints) from my HOA for landscape improvement for my home. Six month later after construction finished the association started to send me violation letters than weekly fines for not removing part of my new fence which first was approved and now was called "not approved". They refere to my neighbor as he does not like it. How can I solve this problem and be left alone? My impression the association wants to force me into a lawsuit knowing the financial burden they will cause me while they having a free ride reporting the case to their insurance cerrier. After all they do not care if they wrong or have no base to their claim. Can anyone advice?

Cedrus

Well, you might write the CA Department of Real Estate, CA Attorney General, County, local DA and anyone else you can think of who might have any possible authority over your HOA. How about your local TV/Radio consumer affairs help?

Tell them what's going on and send your HOA officers copies of your complaining letters. Return receipt requested.

Talk up this problem with your neighbors and see if your by-laws provide for a special meeting to discuss problems. Let's elect some new Directors and/or President.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">