• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home in Both Names

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Funtime4al

My wife and my self have a home That's in both our names. The home was refinanced under her name, because we received a better Interest rate My name is still on the paper work, I'm the one who pays the mortgage.
We are now getting divorced and she's moved out. The house needs a lot of work to sell. I would like to keep the house, but I wont put any money into it till is mine.
What do I need to do, or have my wife do to change the paper work, so the house is in my name only?

P

poester

I Question how...

Question from Ohio; How can Funtime4al get the home title in his name only by refinancing the home under his name alone? It seems he would have to have his ex sign a quitclaim in order to get her name off the title, wouldn't it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">