• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Equity Loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vgoff

In May of this year I took out a home equity loan for home repairs and bill consolidation. The company that I went through sent me checks to pay off certain credit cards, but six of them did not clear the bank. They sold the loan to another company without properly funding and dispersing funds.I have tried many times to get in contact with the original company, but no one returns my call or the phones have been disconnected. I am considering legal action. Could you please offer some helpful advice.
Sincerly,
V. Goff

T

Tracey

This is a huge mess. You'll need an attorney to straighten it all out. Start looking -- you need to get the lien off your house or reduced & protect your credit. You'll have to pay back the checks that did clear.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">