• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home forclosure wihout notification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Steve Urquhart

My home went to forclosure. My wife & I are on the deed. She said we were OK on paymants. Apparently she lied. Is it leagal to to a mans home before contacting him about oweing monies. I thought we were OK. Anyway to legally get the house back?

HomeGuru

Steve Urquhart said:
My home went to forclosure. My wife & I are on the deed. She said we were OK on paymants. Apparently she lied. Is it leagal to to a mans home before contacting him about oweing monies. I thought we were OK. Anyway to legally get the house back?
My response: the only responsibility the mortgage lender had was to follow the terms and conditions of the mortgage and note. In case of joint tenancy/mortgagors, the lender only need notify one of the parties. Also, if the lender is allowed a nonjudicial foreclosure, the property could have been foreclosed on and sold in short order. Check your state's foreclosure right of redemption laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">