• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Guru I need your style...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Johnson

I am at my wits end. Tell me what you think? We are 1st time buyers. We purchased our home July 3rd, 2000. We live in Enumclaw, WA. Two weeks ago we received a letter from our Mortgage company requesting we sign on the dotted line assuring that all FHA appraisal work orders had been completed. Well, they have not. There was to have been a 'secured cover' built over the entrance to our crawl space and it has not been done. We advised them we would not sign this form and what do they plan to do to have this work order completed. Long story short, they have sent us a $75.00 to do the work ourselves, at our liesure. We have not cashed this check nor have we signed any confirmation of completion on this work order. Now, FHA is strict! How and/or why would an FHA appraiser 'sign off' on this work order. Our agent told us 'they probably where just doing you a favor'. Well, I don't think they've done themselves any favors, do you? We also have just learned that our property is to small to hold a septic drain field by King County, WA codes. Our property is 8,400 sq feet, minimum for new septic is 15,000 sq feet plus we have 12 inches of topsoil then hard pan. This information was known by the seller and by the woman who is now requesting we remove it from her property. This same woman verbally agreed with the sellers that she would honor the lease for $100 a year that the sellers had in effect for the past 10 years. One week before we move in she declined it. Our Agent adamantly refused to allow us to speak with this woman or sign any contract regarding this lease before we moved in. I don't know why. Like I said, we a 1st time buyers and had no idea. Isn't there some liability here somewhere? Who sold us this bumb piece of property? Our Agent? The listing agent? The seller?...why would FHA and/or the mortgage company ok a loan on a piece of property that does not hold it's own septic drain field with no easements etc. If we cannot come to an agreement or find an easement or other clause we've been told that it would make a nice corn field. We were told this by our soon-to-be ex attorney. We're fighting the neighbor to maintain our yard and the septic but I think some people need to be held accountable for this. Can you suggest any course of action for us? I am picking up our documentation from the WA State Archives office this morning to help decipher how long our property has been short-platted. Thanks in advance. I'm desperate for advise and any suggestions are welcome. I am certainly willing to continue this conversation as this mess progressive if you're interested. Johnson

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Johnson:
I am at my wits end. Tell me what you think? We are 1st time buyers. We purchased our home July 3rd, 2000. We live in Enumclaw, WA. Two weeks ago we received a letter from our Mortgage company requesting we sign on the dotted line assuring that all FHA appraisal work orders had been completed. Well, they have not. There was to have been a 'secured cover' built over the entrance to our crawl space and it has not been done. We advised them we would not sign this form and what do they plan to do to have this work order completed. Long story short, they have sent us a $75.00 to do the work ourselves, at our liesure. We have not cashed this check nor have we signed any confirmation of completion on this work order. Now, FHA is strict! How and/or why would an FHA appraiser 'sign off' on this work order. Our agent told us 'they probably where just doing you a favor'. Well, I don't think they've done themselves any favors, do you? We also have just learned that our property is to small to hold a septic drain field by King County, WA codes. Our property is 8,400 sq feet, minimum for new septic is 15,000 sq feet plus we have 12 inches of topsoil then hard pan. This information was known by the seller and by the woman who is now requesting we remove it from her property. This same woman verbally agreed with the sellers that she would honor the lease for $100 a year that the sellers had in effect for the past 10 years. One week before we move in she declined it. Our Agent adamantly refused to allow us to speak with this woman or sign any contract regarding this lease before we moved in. I don't know why. Like I said, we a 1st time buyers and had no idea. Isn't there some liability here somewhere? Who sold us this bumb piece of property? Our Agent? The listing agent? The seller?...why would FHA and/or the mortgage company ok a loan on a piece of property that does not hold it's own septic drain field with no easements etc. If we cannot come to an agreement or find an easement or other clause we've been told that it would make a nice corn field. We were told this by our soon-to-be ex attorney. We're fighting the neighbor to maintain our yard and the septic but I think some people need to be held accountable for this. Can you suggest any course of action for us? I am picking up our documentation from the WA State Archives office this morning to help decipher how long our property has been short-platted. Thanks in advance. I'm desperate for advise and any suggestions are welcome. I am certainly willing to continue this conversation as this mess progressive if you're interested. Johnson<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got screwed by your own agent, the Seller, the neighbor, the FHA real estate appraiser and the mortgage company. Your attorney has not helped you much either. You need to hire a good real estate attorney to help you as there are various counts that can be brought forth against each of the parties. Keep in mind that the neighbor may not have any liability if there is nothing in writing with the neighbor. The Seller failed to disclose a material fact, your agent did not exercise standard of care and the FHA appraiser committed fraud. Do not sign anything from the mortgage company or from anybody else until your new attorney advises you so.

T

Tracey

Johnson, you need to hire a new attorney. Click on 'Find a Lawyer' or email me & I'll ask around about real estate attorneys in King Co.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">