• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Guru...yep I'm the same one..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Johnson

Can't post a reply as I'm not a member so I'll fill you in here. I am the same person with the easement and property dispute. This is just going on and on and on. I have not filed any complaint against our agent, yet. I am just curious what the form entails and wanted to 'see it up close', know what I mean? We did call the police and file a report in regards to our gazebo being chain-sawed to the ground. Have pictures both ours and our 'nice neighbor' across the street. We are also serving her a notice this evening to stop her actions against our property and advising her that she is being held responsible for all damages. HomeGuru, this is such a mess. I am beyond depressed . I have given up all emotional ties to this house making myself aware that if I need to walk away from it tomorrow, I can. We have only lived in our new home since July 3rd. So much for the 'American Dream'. My SO is an emotional disaster over this. Go figure...And, even though the gazebo and a still standing metal shed was/is definatley on her property, they clearly came with the sale of our home. The sellers knew it, the agents (both listing and buying) knew it, we knew it and the witch knew it. Police are sending our file to the county prosecutors office for vandalism in regards to the gazebo. Our concern with our agent is that she knew we were first time buyers and we feel she should have been more concerned in the transactions than she was and much more 'enlightened' as to septic rules/regulations and should have asked the pertinant questions and gotten the right answers before advising us to sign on the dotted line. She advised us Not to sign any property agreement with this neighbor until after we were moved in. She was adamant that we were never to even drive down the street. Don't ask me why cuz I don't know. We took it as Real Estate nonsense, we didn't question it. Her concern was for 'not upsetting' the sellers or 'they may just go with the other bid...there are alot of them on the table'...'you guys really should consider doing the repair orders, the sellers might get upset if they have to do it themselves and go with the other bid..."those poor sellers, two young kids and all this out of pocket expense, hope this doesn't get to much for them, I think the other bid has fewer contingencies attached to it'...in regards to my concern re the appraisal work orders not being completed...'gee, I hope he doesn't get slapped to hard, he was probably just doing you a favor or you probably wouldn't have gotten the house'. This was a favorite phrase of hers over and over again. We have more than our life savings invested. We were on the street for 30 days w/out a roof over our heads. Our dogs were scattered across Seattle being cared for by friends. We were literally knocking on our friends doors asking for a place to stay for a few days at a time. We had arranged to take early possession. She and our Mortgage Banker, both, advised us to pay our closing costs and take possession. All was arranged. We paid our closing costs then called her from the parking lot of her office only to find out...a) There had been no appraisal done b) Our loan had not even been approved...what do ya make of that? She was, however, kind enough to secure the telephone numbers of several local Missions so we would have somewhere to stay...Ha, I think not! I'm telling ya, this crap just goes on and on. And that's why we want her to answer for her, shall we say, lack of actions. Her concern was for her commission and only her commission. She did not have our best interests at heart. So, to answer the question, I am just curious what is involved in filing a complaint. We prefer to sue the pants off her and the seller for nondisclosure of the facts that our lot is too small to maintain its own drainfield by King County Standards. The sellers knew this, the woman who owns the property where the drainfield sits knows this because the sellers told her. Had we ever been slightly advised that there was the slightest chance that she could order the drainfield removed and that it would cost us $18,000 - $30,000 to have one installed we would never have entertained the idea of buying this property. Being first time buyers what we knew was this...'We'll be fine if we put all our trust and belief in our agent, she sure is nice isn't she'...that's what we believed. Naive'..you betcha..ever do it again...NOPE!!

------------------

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Johnson:
Can't post a reply as I'm not a member so I'll fill you in here. I am the same person with the easement and property dispute. This is just going on and on and on. I have not filed any complaint against our agent, yet. I am just curious what the form entails and wanted to 'see it up close', know what I mean? We did call the police and file a report in regards to our gazebo being chain-sawed to the ground. Have pictures both ours and our 'nice neighbor' across the street. We are also serving her a notice this evening to stop her actions against our property and advising her that she is being held responsible for all damages. HomeGuru, this is such a mess. I am beyond depressed . I have given up all emotional ties to this house making myself aware that if I need to walk away from it tomorrow, I can. We have only lived in our new home since July 3rd. So much for the 'American Dream'. My SO is an emotional disaster over this. Go figure...And, even though the gazebo and a still standing metal shed was/is definatley on her property, they clearly came with the sale of our home. The sellers knew it, the agents (both listing and buying) knew it, we knew it and the witch knew it. Police are sending our file to the county prosecutors office for vandalism in regards to the gazebo. Our concern with our agent is that she knew we were first time buyers and we feel she should have been more concerned in the transactions than she was and much more 'enlightened' as to septic rules/regulations and should have asked the pertinant questions and gotten the right answers before advising us to sign on the dotted line. She advised us Not to sign any property agreement with this neighbor until after we were moved in. She was adamant that we were never to even drive down the street. Don't ask me why cuz I don't know. We took it as Real Estate nonsense, we didn't question it. Her concern was for 'not upsetting' the sellers or 'they may just go with the other bid...there are alot of them on the table'...'you guys really should consider doing the repair orders, the sellers might get upset if they have to do it themselves and go with the other bid..."those poor sellers, two young kids and all this out of pocket expense, hope this doesn't get to much for them, I think the other bid has fewer contingencies attached to it'...in regards to my concern re the appraisal work orders not being completed...'gee, I hope he doesn't get slapped to hard, he was probably just doing you a favor or you probably wouldn't have gotten the house'. This was a favorite phrase of hers over and over again. We have more than our life savings invested. We were on the street for 30 days w/out a roof over our heads. Our dogs were scattered across Seattle being cared for by friends. We were literally knocking on our friends doors asking for a place to stay for a few days at a time. We had arranged to take early possession. She and our Mortgage Banker, both, advised us to pay our closing costs and take possession. All was arranged. We paid our closing costs then called her from the parking lot of her office only to find out...a) There had been no appraisal done b) Our loan had not even been approved...what do ya make of that? She was, however, kind enough to secure the telephone numbers of several local Missions so we would have somewhere to stay...Ha, I think not! I'm telling ya, this crap just goes on and on. And that's why we want her to answer for her, shall we say, lack of actions. Her concern was for her commission and only her commission. She did not have our best interests at heart. So, to answer the question, I am just curious what is involved in filing a complaint. We prefer to sue the pants off her and the seller for nondisclosure of the facts that our lot is too small to maintain its own drainfield by King County Standards. The sellers knew this, the woman who owns the property where the drainfield sits knows this because the sellers told her. Had we ever been slightly advised that there was the slightest chance that she could order the drainfield removed and that it would cost us $18,000 - $30,000 to have one installed we would never have entertained the idea of buying this property. Being first time buyers what we knew was this...'We'll be fine if we put all our trust and belief in our agent, she sure is nice isn't she'...that's what we believed. Naive'..you betcha..ever do it again...NOPE!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it was mentioned before by Tracey, you need to hire an attorney; to sue the Seller and the real estate agents. This is a separate action from the regulatory and association complaints that you would file with the Real Estate Licensing Board and the state Board of Realtors office. Each State has its own form and format. Start calling the offices and get the forms.

L

Luckyshep

First I want to say that I am very sorry to hear that a Real Estate Agent would do this. As an agent in Pa I can give you some advice on what you need to do and where to start. I am assuming that in your state you don't need a survey done. This would of prevented these problems. You need to contact the local Board of Realtors, get the forms and file a complaint. This needs to be done so the agent can receive a fine from the Board of Realtors (which will be very large if found quilty) second she will end up losing her real estate license. You need to contact the attorney that represented you at closing. Make sure you hire a real estate attorney to sue the seller and real estate company that the agent was employed with. Good luck and I hope everything goes well for you.

J

Johnson

Thanks for the input. We have hired another attorney that has already, in 2 days, done more than the original 'rugrat'. We are going to pursue every course of action available to us regarding this. Thanks again. Todays project is calling the local authorities and finding out how we get access to our belongings that have been fenced off. Guess there won't be any horseback riding this week-end...Johnson

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">