• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Guru-You helped before,how about now? *S*

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mlsara

Home Guru,

I just reviewed the last 60 days of posts but didn't see a post that addresses this issue, otherwise I would have bothered you..

Your advice is always THE best!!

I will be selling a home that has liens on it. Not tax liens. The buyer is fully aware of the liens they told me about them.(couple of thousand) If the buyer agrees can I sell them the home (with the liens)with the agreement that they take care of the liens? I'm a bit short on cash flow and this seems to me to be a win win situation.

The liens are not in my name but another member of the "tenants in common"

Thanks !!

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Yes you can but I would not advise you to go this route.
The better way would be to adjust your sales price to cover the liens and have escrow pay then off to clear title at closing.
Much cleaner and no problem with title insurance.

M

mlsara

*S*

Thanks! You ARE the best! I appreciate your taking the time to give advice! It really is something, the time you take to help all of us!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">