• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Owners Associations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Against HOA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO

My house was the second house built here on the street I have been here for over 6 Years now. When I closed on my house there were deed restrictions that I agreed too, the normal have to have certain mail boxes and certain height on the fences ect. nothing on the deed was mentioned about a forming of home owners association, there was no filing with the court a PLANNED UNIT DEVELOPMENT RIDER from the builder or developer and I did not agree to a homeowners ass. Nor do I want one. The purpose of this HOA is to fight walmart from moving in across the street, and a bank whom wants access to the road for a exit. BTW the county recorder lost the plat, and my street does not appear on any maps. (and they did nothing to stop the liquor store and biker bar moving into a strip mall in our back yard) I guess walmart is a bigger fish to catch!

It took them 5 years to get signatures filed with the court claiming that there was a majority voting YES for it. They wanted two years back pay, and yearly dues as well. I am not paying.

GET RICH IDEA, move into a neighborhood declare yourself president of HOA then charge everyone in the neighborhood 500 bucks a year, and threaten them that if they do not pay to file a lien on their property. (It is amazing how many people paid out of fear.)

The HOA continues to threaten me, will not disclose information when requested, have certified mail receipts and copies of emails. I am planning on taking them to court, and we are rallying the "NO" Votes to sign a petition as well. On a side note, some of the YES votes have sold there homes and moved, or died (sad) lots of these homes went into foreclosure, and are empty.

this is not a condo, this is a development. there is no law governing HOA's here in OHIO.
I would NEVER agree to one, nor move into a place where one was established. Is what they did or trying to do LEGAL that is my question and thank you for letting me vent.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">