• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VictorO

Last week I wrote and received a couple of replys, however i am not sure that I made my situation clear so i wanted to re-post and see if anyone had advice.

I am Power of Attorney over my great aunt. She is 88 years old. Six months ago, I had her sign a legal document from my lawyer that sold her house to me. I paid her one (1) dollar and the title is now in my name. I didn't want her to lose her house if she had to be placed in a long-term care facility. Someone told me that the house had to be in my name for two (2) years or the facility could take possession and use the money from the sale for her care debt. What if I sale the house to another individual that is interested in purchasing it? The value is approximately $60,000, the deed is only in my name. What recourse would a long term care facility have?

T

Tracey

They can have a court declare the sale for $1 a sham designed to defraud them of their money, file criminal fraud charges against you & your mother, and ask the court ot rescind the sale, transfer title back to mom's name so they can place a lien on the house so they get paid. And they will, too.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">