• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vbf

I married a man who has his own home, what is involved in adding my name to the title? If I am not on the title, what happens if he dies or we divorce?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vbf:
I married a man who has his own home, what is involved in adding my name to the title? If I am not on the title, what happens if he dies or we divorce?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One way is for him to Quit Claim Deed the property to you and himself with both of you holding title as Tenants By The Entirety.
Since you have not provided your State, I do not know what the community property laws are that are applicable in your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">