• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home placed on wrong property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SPHERION

I recently purchased a manufactured home that was placed on the wrong lot by the delivery company. The owner of the lot is extremely upset ofcourse. I have other property that I want to use for collateral to purchase his property. He will not give me an asking price because he says I also owe him back rent. I want to clear this matter up ASAP but I'm not sure how to proceed. The improvements have all been placed on the lot that he owns. We have both did surveys and both have plat maps, so there is no doubt that my home is own his property. I'm trying to find out what steps to take to get the matter cleared up. Help in Texas.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SPHERION:
I recently purchased a manufactured home that was placed on the wrong lot by the delivery company. The owner of the lot is extremely upset ofcourse. I have other property that I want to use for collateral to purchase his property. He will not give me an asking price because he says I also owe him back rent. I want to clear this matter up ASAP but I'm not sure how to proceed. The improvements have all been placed on the lot that he owns. We have both did surveys and both have plat maps, so there is no doubt that my home is own his property. I'm trying to find out what steps to take to get the matter cleared up. Help in Texas. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is he asking for back rent? Because of the subject issue or did you have previous dealings with him?
Here is how to resolve the matter. Move your home off of his property or make him an offer to buy his property which includes the back rent that he is claiming is owed.

S

SPHERION

All of the improvements are on this lot. Water, septic, and electricity. If I move my home I havae to pay for it again and it is very, very expensive. Do I need a lawyer?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SPHERION:
All of the improvements are on this lot. Water, septic, and electricity. If I move my home I havae to pay for it again and it is very, very expensive. Do I need a lawyer?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you need an attorney to sue the delivery company if they were at fault. You also need utilities on your site. What happened here?
Can you give us the real story.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">