• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paulrj

my parents gave my brother a home in michigan by a warrant deed. after 4 years my brother sold this house by quit claim deed. does my parents have a claim on the house? can my brother sell this house that way? my parents were the title holder at the time of the warrant deed. thanks.

HomeGuru

paulrj said:
my parents gave my brother a home in michigan by a warrant deed. after 4 years my brother sold this house by quit claim deed. does my parents have a claim on the house?
**A: only if parents retained title and just deeded a partial interest in the property to brother.

can my brother sell this house that way?
**A: yes, since he is deeded whatever interest only HE has in the property.
my parents were the title holder at the time of the warrant deed. thanks.
My response: please clarify if your parents still hold title. They have had to hold title at the time of the warranty deed in order to deed interest to brother.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">