• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home sold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onencgirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My ex sold our mutually owned home without my knowledge. He has since died and I find out there are two people I don't know on the deed, (along with my name), to my home. They say they bought the home by contract from my ex. I did see the the contract and my name isn't on it. Now they want me to sign a Quitclaim over to them.
My ex had told me the house was a rental and all money was going into an account for my retirement. Now I find there never was an account to provide for me.
Do I have a case?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

My ex sold our mutually owned home without my knowledge. He has since died and I find out there are two people I don't know on the deed, (along with my name), to my home. They say they bought the home by contract from my ex. I did see the the contract and my name isn't on it. Now they want me to sign a Quitclaim over to them.
My ex had told me the house was a rental and all money was going into an account for my retirement. Now I find there never was an account to provide for me.
Do I have a case?
**A: don't sign anything and run, don't walk to a real estate attorney. Did I mention run?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">