• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

home title transfer in ky.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frankcauley

Does anyone know the laws concerning transfer of title,deed,property here in kentucky. I have scoured the KRS section at my local library and now i wish i had more tylenol. Respect goes to the legal assistants everywhere.
the problem it seems is that a person in kentucky can legally transfer property with a few words on paper and a signature, whether or not the signature is yours, as long as you have a witness..I'm not a legal eagle, but I'm fairly sure this is not true.
If you have any answers or comments about this I would love to hear them.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frankcauley:
Does anyone know the laws concerning transfer of title,deed,property here in kentucky. I have scoured the KRS section at my local library and now i wish i had more tylenol. Respect goes to the legal assistants everywhere.
the problem it seems is that a person in kentucky can legally transfer property with a few words on paper and a signature, whether or not the signature is yours, as long as you have a witness..I'm not a legal eagle, but I'm fairly sure this is not true.
If you have any answers or comments about this I would love to hear them.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Property transfer is normally by deed but other instruments are also used. A deed must consist of certain items such as name of person transferring interest to the property (Grantor), name of person receiving interest to the property, property description, consideration etc. If someone is not the legal owner to the property being transferred, then the transfer is not legal.

Can you give a specifc example of your question as it is pretty vague.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">