• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HomeOwner Association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Idaho

What is the name of your state? Idaho

Hello,

I live in a subdivision and am having trouble the the association. The problem is this:

We live on a busy street and our covenents state that a fence adjacent to a common area can only be four feet tall unless the top two feet are open web. We went through the channels 3 years ago to build a solid 6ft fence. We received a vebal OK from one of the board members, so we built it.

After two years we began to receive letters saying we are out of compliance. I attended a board meeting and there response is that is too bad, you have to change your fence. I have now received a letter from an attorney's office threatening a lawsuit if I do not comply.

When we started the process two of the board members were out of compliance with their fences, so they let it go. Now there are new members on the board and they are starting it up again.

There are homes that are 12 years old that their fences are out of compliance (they have always been) and nothing appears to be happening with them. Our house is 3 years old and they continue to harrass me. Do I have any recourse?

:confused:

HomeGuru

You are at fault since you did not get written approval for the variance. Your only option at this point is to hire an attorney and argue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">