• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowner association dues!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dave5008

Hey Everyone,

I just recently purchased a condo about a year ago. I have had numerous things wrong with the condo from it being a new construction. Can I hold home owner assocation dues as collateral until the realtor/developer has fixed the problems in the condo. Keep in mind that the realtor/developer is still managing the complex and has not turned over the condos to the home owners assocation. The realtor is the builder of the condos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Last edited:

HomeGuru

dave5008 said:
Hey Everyone,

I just recently purchased a condo about a year ago. I have had numerous things wrong with the condo from it being a new construction. Can I hold home owner assocation dues as collateral until the realtor/developer has fixed the problems in the condo. Keep in mind that the realtor/developer is still managing the complex and has not turned over the condos to the home owners assocation. The realtor is the builder of the condos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
**A: you can put the money in an escrow or attorney client trust account and put them on notice that the money will be paid when the problems are resolved. File a complaint with the State real estate licensing, condo registration offices etc. What state are you in?

D

dave5008

Hey Homeguru,

I'm in NC. I don't even know where to begin filing those complaints. Would that be through the local realtor association? Any addresses, phone numbers, websites would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">