• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowner's Association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

austin3420

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I was recently written up by my homeowner's association for parking on the street. I heard that this is an unenforcable regulation if the community is NOT gated. The theory is that in a non-gated community, the roads are public and cannot be controlled by the association. I live in North Las Vegas, Nevada. Can anyone reference a specific state or federal law that confirms this? :confused:

HomeGuru

austin3420 said:
What is the name of your state? Nevada

I was recently written up by my homeowner's association for parking on the street. I heard that this is an unenforcable regulation if the community is NOT gated. The theory is that in a non-gated community, the roads are public and cannot be controlled by the association. I live in North Las Vegas, Nevada. Can anyone reference a specific state or federal law that confirms this? :confused:
**A: you did not provide enough facts. Who owns the street that the vehicle was parked on?

austin3420

Who owns the road?

How do I find out who owns the road and how does that affect the situation?

If the HOA does not own the roads, I'm assuming they cannot determine who can or cannot park there and that would solve my problem.

If the HOA does own the roads, is there not an exception to the control they have over these roads in non-gated communities, due to the fact that there is no regulated access?

Either way, I guess my first step is to find out who owns the road. Any advice on how to do that?

HomeGuru

austin3420 said:
How do I find out who owns the road and how does that affect the situation?

**A: use your common sense. Ask the HOA, the city, county, state........

If the HOA does not own the roads, I'm assuming they cannot determine who can or cannot park there and that would solve my problem.

If the HOA does own the roads, is there not an exception to the control they have over these roads in non-gated communities, due to the fact that there is no regulated access?

Either way, I guess my first step is to find out who owns the road. Any advice on how to do that?

**A: see above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">