• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners Association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jackie Bentz

We are in a mandatory property owners association. The board had a secret meeting and removed my husband as treasurer without allowing the whole membership to be allowed to come or vote. They then wrote a letter to the neighbors telling that they removed him and installed in his stead the man who instigated the whole thing in the first place. This man has the president (an old woman) in his back pocket and she'll do whatever he wants. They now have charged us 12% per month interest on our dues that is owing from last July. they just dumped a full 12% on there, rather than prorating it monthly and when I asked was told that that's what they can do if they want. This man is the superintendant of our dirt road and had the road crew specifically dig out our ditch so we couldn't get in our own driveway, so my husband had to work until 10pm to put a culvert of sorts in. We're in Florida and the statutes say they can't have meetings unless everyone is allowed and have to give 48hours notice. None of this was done, my husband was called at 6pm, the night of the meeting that was to begin at 7pm, and not home from work yet, and no other call was made to let him know about the meeting, the secretary has said she had two days notice. They also told her to not put in the minutes that they'd tried to call my husband. I need to know how to proceed, what would be the best action attempted. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">