• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homeowners Association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlprdp

I live in Texas and my homeowners association has been off and on for years..originally the money disappeared with the president and the secretary and then the association just wound down..it was started up again 6 years later when the empty lots were bought out by a developer and he became a majority voter..we hadn't paid dues for years and it was decided that one person from each street would be sued for back dues and we were one of those...it cost us over $2,000 and right after we paid, they shut down again...in July of 2000, the three remaining officers decided they wanted to start up again and without a meeting, they hired a management company to start trying to collect dues again. I have checked with the Sec. of State's office and their charter was forfeited in Feb. of 1998. Can they just stop and start over whenever they want, with the same officers, and can they collect dues without be incorporated?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">