• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Honest Real Estate Agent w/Integrity?? NOT!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kramster

My former real estate agent agreed in writing that she'd be honest and have integrity to the Seller and Buyer, I was the Seller and Buyer. Based on this agreement, I trusted her when I accepted her verbal offer to buy me new appliances if I accept the Buyer's counteroffer of my minimum listed selling price to include my personal property/appliances.My agent said I have two back up offers. My title was recorded in April and to date, my agent has not bought new appliances new appliances nor responded to my calls, pages and demand letter.Her broker and boyfriend who is also an attorney responded but his response was weak, irrelevant and not factual.I also trusted her when she said HER lender's loan program is better than my lending sources. Unfortunately, I found out too late and after I already signed agreements to purchase and sell property that my agent failed to disclose the true loan program to me. My lending source offered a much better program.Based on the above,it appears my former agent misrepresented the facts, deceived me intentionally and breached our contracts and as a result, I believe I have been damaged. Please advise me of my rights and if I can take any legal actions against this agent and her real estate company. Appreciate any advice!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kramster:
My former real estate agent agreed in writing that she'd be honest and have integrity to the Seller and Buyer, I was the Seller and Buyer. Based on this agreement, I trusted her when I accepted her verbal offer to buy me new appliances if I accept the Buyer's counteroffer of my minimum listed selling price to include my personal property/appliances.My agent said I have two back up offers. My title was recorded in April and to date, my agent has not bought new appliances new appliances nor responded to my calls, pages and demand letter.Her broker and boyfriend who is also an attorney responded but his response was weak, irrelevant and not factual.I also trusted her when she said HER lender's loan program is better than my lending sources. Unfortunately, I found out too late and after I already signed agreements to purchase and sell property that my agent failed to disclose the true loan program to me. My lending source offered a much better program.Based on the above,it appears my former agent misrepresented the facts, deceived me intentionally and breached our contracts and as a result, I believe I have been damaged. Please advise me of my rights and if I can take any legal actions against this agent and her real estate company. Appreciate any advice! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have rights and can take legal action on various counts. Contact a real estate attorney and file complaints against the agent with the State Real Estate Commission/licensing agency and Board of Realtors. For reference go to www.realtor.com and review the NAR Code of Ethics.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">