• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

House buyers question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SSherii

Hello,
I am in wisconsin . April 11 02 I put in an offer on a property, completing a WB-11 Residential Offer To Purchase, form. The form was faxed and dated and turned into the seller by his agent. I was told by the realtor that I would know if my offer ws to be accepted on monday by 10:00 am.I was also told there ws only one other offer before mine, for Less money, which was denied because of the contingencies. I was confident My offer would be accepted because I offered $1000.00 over the asking price and there were no other offers in by the Monday 10:00 am deadline. Monday I received a call sayng they had extended the deadline because they had more offers.It was to be extended to the next day, again at 10:00 am.I received no call by Noon that next day and called them to find out that I had lost the house because some had offered more. I am seeking information as to if this is legal and if there is anything I can do in this situation to aquire this home? Thank you, Sheri

S

SSherii

My realtor told me she repesented the seller, not the buyer. She said she tried as hard as she could to push my deal but she had no control.She also said she knew what they did was wrong, and if she were in charger it wouldn't have been like that. What I need to know is if this was legal?
Thanks, Sheri

HomeGuru

SSherii said:
My realtor told me she repesented the seller, not the buyer. She said she tried as hard as she could to push my deal but she had no control.She also said she knew what they did was wrong, and if she were in charger it wouldn't have been like that. What I need to know is if this was legal?
Thanks, Sheri
**A:
1. then you have no Realtor.
2. the agent should have advised you of your offer with respect to acceptance date by the Seller. IF the Seller does not accept the offer by the date and time specified in the contract, then the contract is null and void.
3. The Seller is not obligated to respond to or accept your contract.
4. you have no claim against the Seller.

S

SSherii

Thank You Guru

Thanks for the info. I'm Learning slowly but surely, but jeeeepers it sucks...LOL Take care, Sheri

HomeGuru

Nest time use your own Realtor. DO NOT use the Realtor that represents the Seller or an agent who works out of the same real estate company.

S

SSherii

Thanks again :)

Good advice. I never thought about it in this situation. I saw the house, fell in love, wrote down the number on the sign on the lawn....and got a free lesson...LOL This after noon I did exactly as you said and contacted a realtor. I Let her know I was looking for a 10-15 ac. farmette, and she proceeded to tell me about the one I just lost...lol I proceeded to tell her what happened and she reassured me that if I delt with her, she stated, "I will be as honest as I can." What the heck does that mean???? This is my first experience with buying a home or dealing with realtors. Is there a pop quiz I can give 'em just to make sure they aren't out to get me?? ( < joke) I figure my old stand by rule applies here as well " Just cuz I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me" LOL Thank you so much Guru, your info has helped to open my eyes :)
Take care, Sheri

HomeGuru

Re: Thanks again :)

SSherii said:
Good advice. I never thought about it in this situation. I saw the house, fell in love, wrote down the number on the sign on the lawn....and got a free lesson...LOL This after noon I did exactly as you said and contacted a realtor. I Let her know I was looking for a 10-15 ac. farmette, and she proceeded to tell me about the one I just lost...lol I proceeded to tell her what happened and she reassured me that if I delt with her, she stated, "I will be as honest as I can." What the heck does that mean???? This is my first experience with buying a home or dealing with realtors. Is there a pop quiz I can give 'em just to make sure they aren't out to get me?? ( < joke) I figure my old stand by rule applies here as well " Just cuz I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get me" LOL Thank you so much Guru, your info has helped to open my eyes :)
Take care, Sheri
**A: I am happy to be of help.
Need questions for your pop quiz? www.nar.reator.com and search code of ethics

S

SSherii

Update....

Thank you Guru,
Just thought I'd fill you in on the "rest of the story"...
My husband called the sellers company (house was a repo) in TX. To register a complaint about the unethical way things were handled in this deal. He was told there would be an inhouse investigation, and he would be contacted within 48 hours. The call came when my husband was at work. The man calling was the same on who worked this deal, he asked me what my husband wanted. I told him he was unhappy with the way the deal was conducted. I was courtious through out my conversation. He proceeded to become very rude telling me " This isn't going to help" then hung up on me. When I told my husband, he was upset and told me to call his supervisor and make a formal complaint about his actions. When I finally got his bsses number I was made aware that his she is also the owner of the real estate company who sold the house, and she wasn't in. Shortly after I hung up a neighbor stopped in and and said he met the new owner of the house in question and was told he purchased the house for 102,000, on tuesday. I find it strange that my offer was in at the first deadline and it was an offe of 103,000 with a closeing within 30 days. (we are pre-approved) The seller represents a VERY large company based in TX. If I'm correct the realtor and the Seller have a scam going here. Do you think it advisable to contact the head office in TX and make them aware of this? I know it won't get my house....but I think this man and this real estate office need some looking into. Would I be chasing my tail?? Thanks again, Sheri

HomeGuru

Thanks for the update.
You would be chasing your tail with the company and corporate headquarters.
If you want to pursue anything, file a complaint with the State real estate licensing dept.

S

SSherii

Gotcha !

Do ya ever get tired of hearing "thank You"? Will Take your adivce
and let you know of any detail that arise. Thanks loads, Guru :)

HomeGuru

Re: Gotcha !

SSherii said:
Do ya ever get tired of hearing "thank You"?
**A: no because most users of this website do not take the time to voice their appreciation to the contributor. Only a minority of users actually thank the contributor. The rest just take the free advice and go.
All the contributors on this website don't get paid one penny. We are all volunteers and have busy work and home schedules too.

Will Take your adivce
and let you know of any detail that arise. Thanks loads, Guru :)
**A: We'll be waiting to hear from you.

S

SSherii

Maaaaaan......

Hello again Guru,
Update #2. First let me say that at times like these I feel a great and deep sorrow for the way the people of this world have forgotten what honesty, ethics,and character are. I feel like an alien on my own planet :-(
My husband finally got through to a "Director" of Homesteps/Freddie Mac company. Of course that is after jumping through several hoops. EVERYONE he talked to did eveything they could to keep the problem at low level positions, not wanting it to pass customer service. Every number they gave us led us back to the Wisconsin ERA office OR the selling agent that manipulated the offer process. When he finally talked to the Director< she stated that she had the realtor and the selling agents statments in front of her. She reinterated to my husband what "really happened"
LOL ....I'm apalled, to say the very least. The selling agent from Freddie Mac stated that he called me.....and I was extremely rude...etc and that I hung up on him!!!!!! The realtors statment swears that the reason the offer deadline was moved up a day was so WE could change our offer!!!( keep in mind our offer was 1000$ over the asking price, and there was only 1 offer ahead of us which was turned down.) The director pretty much called my husband a lyer, stating that they've served thousands of people without 1 single complaint. I reckon they should be in the book of worlds records, for I have never known anyone able to pleae all of the people all of the time! The woman also told my husband that he lost the house because there was a much higher offer. I now have a copy of the sale info...the new owner offered 1,000$ LESS than we did...5 days AFTER our dated, faxed and signed offer was turned in.
I wish I could have gotten ahold of my husband before he called headquarters. (he's an over the road driver) I was waiting for him to call home to tell him not to bother and just call the office you told me about.If he never would have called Homesteps, I could still fool myself that our Country, our big buisness, and our average citizens can't possibly be as corrupt as the facts seem to show. I feel as thoe I have swallowed a large rock....ew.

Thank you again Guru, and just so you know, I for one am very greatful for your ear, and advice! Be good to yourself....and take time with the things you hold most dear....the rest doesn't matter :)
Signed,
stomped with no recorse, in America ~ Sheri

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">