• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

house closed friday but seller won't move personal property out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wendy in ca

We purchased a home and it closed on Friday. The house is full of the sellers furniture and personal belongings. She says she wants all of it but will not move it out. How much time do we give her? She insisted that the house be sold as-is so doesn't that mean that everything in it is now ours? I would appreciate any advice you have.

HomeGuru

wendy in ca said:
We purchased a home and it closed on Friday. The house is full of the sellers furniture and personal belongings. She says she wants all of it but will not move it out. How much time do we give her? She insisted that the house be sold as-is so doesn't that mean that everything in it is now ours? I would appreciate any advice you have.
**A: Absent any contractual agreement to the contrary, all the stuff is now yours.

G

gottago

Here is what I would do:

Send the seller a certified, return-receipt letter. Tell her that you will have the items thrown away or otherwise disposed if she doesn't pick them up within 7 days.

That way, you have a strong defense if you do have to dispose of them, and you also won't have any guilt about the matter....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">