• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How about "loaning a home" instead of selling, renting, etc...?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am searching for a contract, or a sample contract, for "loaning" my home to my boyfriend for a year while I am out of the country. My mother is going to be in charge of remitting my mortgage payments, but I would like to allow my boyfriend to stay in my home and provide general upkeep and maintenance as well as take care of my three dogs. He would be responsible for all of the monthly bills such as electricity, water, etc....; I will be responsible for my mortgage payments as well as costs associated with my pets.

We both thought that a contract of some sort stating responsibilities particular to each of us would be a wise thing to look into.

I am at a loss for what an agreement of this kind would be referred to as and have searched high and low through a gazillion "form" sites but have not found anything that relates to my situation.

If anybody knows a more specific term for what I am looking for, I would be forever indebted! Even better would be advise on a contract!

Thanks,
Kristi

PghREA

Why don't the 2 of you go to an attorney and have him draw up a contract stating everything both of you have agreed to concerning the "loaning of the house".

tranquility

There are certain tax rules involved as well. Go to your local apartment house association or on the internet and research resident managers. The association will certainly have pre-made contracts and you may find something on the internet as well. If on the internet, make sure you look only for the law in Texas. (If that's where the property is.)

Thank you very much!! I believe that is just what I needed--the correct terminology to guide my research!! You are the problem-solver indeed!!!

Thank you again,
Kristi

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">