• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to add touching land parcels together?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cowboy1200c

What is the name of your state? PA.

I just bought the land that adjoins the land my house sits on. I would like to add the two pieces together. Can anyone give me some advice on going about doing this? Any drawbacks to doing this? Thanks in advance.

FarmerJ

Youre countys property tax office should have information on what you would need to do to have the 2 parcels combined into one . ( In my old neighborhood one of my neighbors had chosen to combine his 2 parcels into one his property taxes did drop just slightly after this was complete . But if you ever have any reason you might want to sell that parcel It might be alot harder to do so . Like if your local zoning had a ordinance that barred building homes on new lots that are recently created and less than a certain size .then it maybe better to keep them as 2 parcels . But again atleast seek info from your countys offices is the best way to start then you will have more info especially if you need to consult with a lawyer for this .

HomeGuru

cowboy1200c said:
What is the name of your state? PA.

I just bought the land that adjoins the land my house sits on. I would like to add the two pieces together. Can anyone give me some advice on going about doing this? Any drawbacks to doing this? Thanks in advance.
**A: talk to your State or County office that handles subdivision approvals.
Ask them about consolidation of 2 parcels.
Drawbacks: if you have a mortgage, the consolidation would give the lender additional security or mess things up if you have 2 different lenders.
If you desire to sell either parcel, you can't if it is one huge lot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">