• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I get my name off a mortgage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blpop

Alabama - I divorced in 1998. My ex-husband took posession of the house, along with the responsibility of the mortgage payment.
He has moved out of the house and is renting it to a family of illegal immigrants. Can I force him to refianance or sell the house?

Thanks! Brianna

HomeGuru

blpop said:
Alabama - I divorced in 1998. My ex-husband took posession of the house, along with the responsibility of the mortgage payment.
He has moved out of the house and is renting it to a family of illegal immigrants. Can I force him to refianance or sell the house?

Thanks! Brianna
**A: yes. Check your divorce decree property distribution agreement. If it says nothing, hire attorney to force a sale of the property or for ex to refi.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">