• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Do I Gain Control Of My Inhereted Property!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LATASHAPIERRE

Nyc
I Am Seeking Some Realestate Advice In The Nyc Area. I Need To Know What Rights And Options I Have In Regards To 2 Houses That Was Left By My Father When He Died. My Sister And I, Names Are On The Title Deed. My Mother Was Assigned The Overseer Because At The Time Me And My Siter Were Not Of Age. When We Became Of Age, Not Understanding Fully What We Were Getting Ourselves Into, I Believe We Signed A Legal Document Giving Her The Right To Oversee One Of The Houses Indefinetly. The Other House That Was Given To Us, Is Still Listed In My Fathers Name. However One Of Them Is Listed In My Mothers. I Want To Know What Rights I Have In The Decision Making Process Of The House, And How, I Can Take Control Of Things. My Mother Is Refusing To Give Me Any Information In Regards To Either Houses. I Am Despreatly Seeking Help.

Just Blue

Nyc
I Am Seeking Some Realestate Advice In The Nyc Area. I Need To Know What Rights And Options I Have In Regards To 2 Houses That Was Left By My Father When He Died. My Sister And I, Names Are On The Title Deed. My Mother Was Assigned The Overseer Because At The Time Me And My Siter Were Not Of Age. When We Became Of Age, Not Understanding Fully What We Were Getting Ourselves Into, I Believe We Signed A Legal Document Giving Her The Right To Oversee One Of The Houses Indefinetly. The Other House That Was Given To Us, Is Still Listed In My Fathers Name. However One Of Them Is Listed In My Mothers. I Want To Know What Rights I Have In The Decision Making Process Of The House, And How, I Can Take Control Of Things. My Mother Is Refusing To Give Me Any Information In Regards To Either Houses. I Am Despreatly Seeking Help.
Edit your post. We won't read post typed like this. Standard capitalization.

FlyingRon

Most likely you can cancel the arrangement on the property for which you are on the deed just by informing your mother that her services are no longer desired.

You're being contradictory. First you say your names are on the deeds and then you say that they are still in your parent's names? What makes you think you own either one of these houses?

You are definitely going to need to employ a lawyer to figure this out.

Do not type in ALL CAPS LIKE THIS because it makes it look like you are shouting and the forum software "softens" it by turning all but the first letter lower case which is extremely difficult to read.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">