• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i get a building condemned?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

davidalan

I have a cottage in Michigan. The lot next door has a cottage on it that has not been inhabitated for over 25 years. There is no way anyone can live inside (ceiling collapsing, etc). The windows have been boarded up (in the past few years). The person that owns the cottage believes that the cottage has some significant value, but refuses to sell it or make it livable. This place is a serious eyesore and if I didn't cut the grass near it, the rats would be playing with my kids. Do I have any chance of getting this place condemned (whatever that means) ... in the past, people have broken in and vandalized (reason for boarding) .. eventually, it will be more of the same. What are my legal avenues?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">