• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do I get him out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lorraine03

What is the name of your state? Texas

We bought a home and the owner that we purchased from has been staying in the apartment in the back until he can find somewhere else to stay. This was fine until he has made no attempt to get his stuff out of the garage or to move from the apartment. I tried to get the water bill that he owes and he gave me the run around and now won't answer the door. We are fed up and want him out. He does not pay any rent and August 1, 2002 will be 2 years that he has been giving us different excuses. Do I treat him like a tenant because he was to pay his share of the water and half of the property taxes which he hasn't done,(Received a note from him on my door saying he would pay it when he got the money), or can I just give him a certified letter telling him to get out.

Lorraine03

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Two years of freeloading is long enough. He is legally a m/m tenant so follow the L/T laws and evict him.
Hire an attorney since he knows how to play the game with you guys already.

L

Lorraine03

getting him out

Seeing that I am getting brain dead trying to take care of this matter please explain what m/m is. I understand the l/t. Now if the evict laws are precise and to the point why a lawyer? Is this gonna get messy and will he have to pay for the charges incurred from this lawyer?

JETX

Translation:
Tenant is m/m (month-to-month, also known as 'tenant at will').

Your state has specific procedures that you must follow to evict a tenant (also called Forceful Detainer). A summary of the process can be found at: http://www.mv.com/ipusers/nhpoa/txevict.htm
A sample form (need to correct the court number in upper right) can be found at: http://www.co.bexar.tx.us/jp/JP3/JP3EV/FED-Complaint_Form.pdf

Also, click on: http://www.utexas.edu/student/lss/Handbook_Pages/LandlordTenant.htm#Eviction

HomeGuru

Re: getting him out

Lorraine03 said:
Seeing that I am getting brain dead trying to take care of this matter please explain what m/m is.

**A: if it's candy, it comes plain or with nuts. Melts in your mouth, not in your hands.
If it's real estate, it means month/month as in month to month tenant.

I understand the l/t. Now if the evict laws are precise and to the point why a lawyer?

**A: yes, you are correct, ya don't need no lawyer.
You will just continue to post here and have the same problem for another 2 years.

Is this gonna get messy and will he have to pay for the charges incurred from this lawyer?
**A: Is this going to get messy? It already is messy. Read your 2 previous threads. It is already a mess and has been for 2 years now. Would you like to continue with the status quo for another 2 years? If you hired an attorney like I suggested back in March 2002, maybe you wouldn't need to keep coming back and starting new threads on the same subject.

L

Lorraine03

Apology to HomeGuru

I'm sorry to have bothered you. I accept the scolding and will heed your advice the first time it is given, and will think twice before asking such silly questions. Thanks for your help. Have a wonderful night.

lorraine03

HomeGuru

Re: Apology to HomeGuru

Lorraine03 said:
I'm sorry to have bothered you. I accept the scolding and will heed your advice the first time it is given, and will think twice before asking such silly questions. Thanks for your help. Have a wonderful night.

lorraine03
**A: I was harsh because you needed a wake up call. Keep us posted and if you have other questions, let me know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">