• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do you get a adjudication?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Luckyshep

Three years ago I purchased a property with two homes on 1 1/2 acres in PA. The first home was built in 1954 (main house) the second home was build over top of the two car garage. They both have there own mailing addresses and separate sewer lines. The second home was rented by the same tenant for over 34 years (tenant is deceased now). The zoning board is telling me that I need to get a Adjudication. Can someone tell me how do you do this. I am the second home owner. The first home owner who built these houses is deceased. thanks for your help

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Luckyshep:
Three years ago I purchased a property with two homes on 1 1/2 acres in PA. The first home was built in 1954 (main house) the second home was build over top of the two car garage. They both have there own mailing addresses and separate sewer lines. The second home was rented by the same tenant for over 34 years (tenant is deceased now). The zoning board is telling me that I need to get a Adjudication. Can someone tell me how do you do this. I am the second home owner. The first home owner who built these houses is deceased. thanks for your help<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is the zoning board involved, why are they asking for this and are they the agency to go to for the adjudication or will the case have to got to civil court?

L

Luckyshep

My husband is in the military, we relocated to MS, both houses are presently rented out. One of our tenants has an RV parked on the property which is in violation of townships laws. They sent a letter to have it removed, but someone in the office checked further and found no record of this house. The original owner built it over 40 years ago with no permit or no permission from the township. If I can't prove the home has been there that long, they are threatening us that it will have to be removed. So as you can see its a real mess. My attorney in PA has contacted them and stated that we pay two separate sewer bills, etc. We had to get this adjudication, not sure from who.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Luckyshep:
My husband is in the military, we relocated to MS, both houses are presently rented out. One of our tenants has an RV parked on the property which is in violation of townships laws. They sent a letter to have it removed, but someone in the office checked further and found no record of this house. The original owner built it over 40 years ago with no permit or no permission from the township. If I can't prove the home has been there that long, they are threatening us that it will have to be removed. So as you can see its a real mess. My attorney in PA has contacted them and stated that we pay two separate sewer bills, etc. We had to get this adjudication, not sure from who.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no idea either. The house should be "grandfathered" since it has been there for so long. Evidence youneed would be utility bills, copies of real property tax assessments, listing land and improvements, copies of mortgages, real estate appraisals, contracts from contractors, repair people, mail, post office records, old photographs etc. Any document to prove that the home was there and has been there for years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">