+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008

    How to file quit claim deed in another state?

    What is the name of your state? California & Arizona

    I live in CA and I own property in AZ and I want to fund my living trust by filing a quit claim deed. Can I just mail the notarized deed to the county? Or does someone need to file it for me? If so any suggestions as to who might do this for me?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    You also need to pay the recording fee. Most counties have specific ways they want the first page of the deed marked as well (to facilitate their indexing). You'll also have to declare the B8 exemption code so this doesn't end up having to have a value assigned for tax purposes. You can probably call the county recorder in the county you are trying to file with for more information. Some of them like Maricopa have this information on line.

    Of course a lawyer or title company that handles closings in that county could prepare the deed, send it to you for signing/notarizing and then take care of filing it for you. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hundred bucks.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Quit claim deed vs. transfer on death deed
    By cjcpoabpm in forum Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 02:41 PM
  2. How to file a quit claim deed in Oregon
    By lesleyma in forum Other Real Estate Law Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-27-2008, 07:03 PM
  3. PLEASE HELP!!! If I file for divorce what happens to my Quit claim deed.
    By lifegoeson in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-28-2006, 04:47 AM
  4. can a quit claim deed be changed to a warranty deed?
    By LindvigS in forum Other Real Estate Law Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 10:12 AM
  5. can you file a quit claim deed after someone dies?
    By florence in forum Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2000, 01:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.