• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to find Real Estate Lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lacycatt

Help! Research Deed/Mortgage/Lien???

Property is located in St.Charles County, Missouri, but I live in TX and I don't know how to help my Mom.
State of Missouri , St Charles County, St.Peters- my mom & sister purchased an investment single family home together several yrs back. About 5 yrs ago my mom bought my sisters share of home out and moved into the home. Mom recently found out home is still in my sister & her husbands name. She has been trying for about 2 yrs to get the home in her name only but my sister has been stalling, saying it's complicated. My mom is 80yrs old. We believe they(sister) may have used this property as collateral to purchase another property in St. Louis County. How do we find out if they did or if there is a lien on the home? Or could there be another reason they are stalling. Please, help us, we don't know where to start - my sister won't tell us anything. Help

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Re: Help! Research Deed/Mortgage/Lien???

lacycatt said:
Property is located in St.Charles County, Missouri, but I live in TX and I don't know how to help my Mom.
State of Missouri , St Charles County, St.Peters- my mom & sister purchased an investment single family home together several yrs back. About 5 yrs ago my mom bought my sisters share of home out and moved into the home. Mom recently found out home is still in my sister & her husbands name. She has been trying for about 2 yrs to get the home in her name only but my sister has been stalling, saying it's complicated. My mom is 80yrs old. We believe they(sister) may have used this property as collateral to purchase another property in St. Louis County. How do we find out if they did or if there is a lien on the home? Or could there be another reason they are stalling. Please, help us, we don't know where to start - my sister won't tell us anything. Help

**A: simple. Have Mom hire a real estate attorney to order and then review the title report on the property. Keep us posted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">