• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get the deed for my property?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laguy36535

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Baldwin County, Alabama. I have paid the taxes on my mothers property for the past three years and I recieved a letter from the revenue commision stating that I was the new homeowner and the taxes would be assesed under my name this upcoming year. My question is what protocol or procedures do I need to do in order to get a deed for my property? I have the original deed that was my mothers, but it does not have my name, I just need to get a copy of the deed with my name on it for my records since I recieved the notice I was indeed the new homeowner. Any advice in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

FlyingRon

If you go down to the courthouse for a small fee you can get a certified true copy of whatever conveyance was recorded to transfer it to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">