• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to get GirlFriend to leave...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imacphil

What is the name of your state? NY

Hello,

I have been living with my GF for 11 years and we have two kids together. For the last year we have been having problems and finally we agree to split. She refuses to leave.

We are living in my parents old house that I pay all the bills on. She pays nothing! We don't have a written lease and we are not married.

What do I need to do to make her leave. Can I give her a 3 day notice? If so does it have to come from my parents who own the house?

Thanks so much for this great board.

HomeGuru

imacphil said:
What is the name of your state? NY

Hello,

I have been living with my GF for 11 years and we have two kids together. For the last year we have been having problems and finally we agree to split. She refuses to leave.

We are living in my parents old house that I pay all the bills on. She pays nothing! We don't have a written lease and we are not married.

What do I need to do to make her leave. Can I give her a 3 day notice? If so does it have to come from my parents who own the house?

Thanks so much for this great board.

**A: you need to be talking to a family law attorney.

PghREA

Keep in mind that the kids are yours too. They deserve a good father, good home, and financial assistance. It is not their fault that you never married their mom.

rmet4nzkx

NO, you cannot evict her with 3 days notice. While there isn't a written lease and both of you are the tenants, your desire to be rid of her and your children does not change that. Do you think that your parents are going to evict their grandchildren or that she will leave without them? Maybe you might go home and live with mommy and daddy while you are waiting for this to resolve in family court?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

rmet4nzkx said:
NO, you cannot evict her with 3 days notice. There is a written lease and both of you are the tenants, your desire to be rid of her and your children does not change that. Maybe you might go home and live with mommy and daddy while you are waiting for this to resolve in family court?
**A: read the post. There is no written lease.

imacphil

PghREA said:
Keep in mind that the kids are yours too. They deserve a good father, good home, and financial assistance. It is not their fault that you never married their mom.
Well this is true, but what does any of this have to do with getting her to leave? I have not said I want the kids to leave or if they do I am not abandoning them. We just don't get along anymore and it is best that she goes. I am not going to give her my house and move out so then I would have to pay bills in two places.

I would gladly help her with money for the kids, afterall that is my responsibility too.

Thanks...

imacphil

rmet4nzkx said:
Do you think that your parents are going to evict their grandchildren or that she will leave without them?
Where in my post did I state I want the kids to leave? As far as her leaving without them she has done it before. If she wants to take them that is fine as well for now but I will be going to court for the kids once that happens.

Thanks...

HomeGuru

imacphil said:
Where in my post did I state I want the kids to leave? As far as her leaving without them she has done it before. If she wants to take them that is fine as well for now but I will be going to court for the kids once that happens.

Thanks...

**A: oh brother. Read my post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">