• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Long After Trustees Sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wheelerm

im in california and just received a notice of trustees sale on my door and am wondering how long after the sale can i stay in my home. i dont think i want to try a keep my home it is worth less than i owe. also can a second mortgage company file forclosure and only ask for what is owed them with a first mortgage company having a lein first.

HomeGuru

wheelerm said:
im in california and just received a notice of trustees sale on my door and am wondering how long after the sale can i stay in my home.

**A: ask the Trustee.
i dont think i want to try a keep my home it is worth less than i owe.

**A: you got a point but should have done a deed in lieu of foreclosure.
also can a second mortgage company file forclosure and only ask for what is owed them with a first mortgage company having a lein first.
**A: yes they can but based on the value of the property they will get nothing since they are in 2nd position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">