• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long do i have to file a complaint against this guy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? florida

in january of 2005, i was working with a real estate agent in ocala, fl... i was looking for my first house. i found one i liked, and was trying to get approved for financing before i put in an offer. the mortgage broker i was working with told me he could get me approved for a loan if i had 2 years of rental histroy, which i had but it wasnt in my name, so he said it didnt count.

so, the Vice President of Recruiting and Marketing for the real estate agency tried to help me out, and he told me if i gave him $200 that he would write me a "solid gold rental history", and seeing that i wanted this house badly, i accepted.

so i paid him the money, got my rental history, and gave it to the mortgage broker. the next day the motgage broker calls me back and says i am approved for the loan, but the amount of money i would have to come up with at closing was double what i told him i could afford, so there was no way i could do it. so, i called the guy who wrote me the rental history and asked for my $200 back since i didnt need it, and he said he doesnt have, it's already been spent. he says to call him next week, then the week after, and this went on for 8 months, he kept putting me off and not answering my calls.

so, i was wondering how long i legally have to file a complaint with Florida Real Estate Commmision or the DBPR(whoever it goes to)?? also, if i did file a complaint, would anything happen to me for being a part of it?

thats not what i am asking, i'm not stupid. to file a complaint against a real estate licensee, you must make a written complaint and mail it to the FREC or DBPR, i forget which one (in florida). i dont need an attorney to do that. i just need to know the maximum amount of time that can elapse after something like this has occured, where i can still file a complaint. i thought that was pretty clear, but i guess not:confused:

pojo2

Since YOU committed FRAUD it is very doubtful you could recover a single dime and

Florida Real Estate Commmision or the DBPR

why not ask these agencies if there is a time limit for filing. As stated earlier you committed fraud as well as the person who wrote up this FRAUDLENT document.

You might want to thank your lucky stars it didn't go through BEFORE signing loan papers based on FRAUD!

Isn't it a little dumb to want to file charges against this person but perfectly willing to conspire with this person to get what you wanted?

i'm not stupid :rolleyes:

moburkes

camosilver said:
thats not what i am asking, i'm not stupid. to file a complaint against a real estate licensee, you must make a written complaint and mail it to the FREC or DBPR, i forget which one (in florida). i dont need an attorney to do that. i just need to know the maximum amount of time that can elapse after something like this has occured, where i can still file a complaint. i thought that was pretty clear, but i guess not:confused:
Apparently, you forgot that you wrote this:
if i did file a complaint, would anything happen to me for being a part of it?
That's why the attorney that you would need, to defend you for your fraudulent activities, would cost you MORE than the $200 you lost.

i was only planning on bluffing the guy, i didnt actually want to file it, i just wanted to know how long i had to file it and what might happen to me, since he will probably know these things.

basically, could i call they guy and tell him to pay me or i will file a complaint, and would that convince YOU to pay me if you were him??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">