• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long do I have to move a trailer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

schiplady

Here is my problem-moved from NY to NC-in NY I lived in a 24 ft travel trailer(illegal in that county). When I left the job to move-could not move the trailer and all my dogs/equipment at one time. I left the trailer and alot of my belongings on the property-there is no way that I can move the trailer myself. The owners of the property have told me that I have until 10/31 to move it-so I have put an ad in the local sales paper-if someone will move it -they can have it. I had contacted the property owners and told them that the ad was in and after the fact-they said No-I would have to come back to NY and move it myself-which they know I cann't do-have nothing to move it with. There is a business on the property. Can they take my property and dispose of it? It has been 2 1/2 months since I left.

T

Tracey

They can't interfere with your right to sellor give away your property, if you instruct people to look at it only during business hours. However, what do you care if they take the trailer? You're giving it away! Mail them the title with a nice thank you for the inconvenience & say they can have anything they can get for it. Don't go back there -- I suspect they are planning to serve you with a lawsuit when you show up. If you stay out of the state, they have to serve & sue you in NC.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">