• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long is seller responsible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ohlarryo

how long after a sale is the seller responsible for problems with a/c , dishwasher after closing ? both passed buyers inspection and have worked for them for the last 8 months. they also worked fine for seller for the 3 years seller lived in home. the other qustion i have is about a whirlpool tub that did have a problem on inspection but was repaired at sellers cost, and has worked for 3 months. how long am i responsible for it's mantinac/repair?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ohlarryo:
how long after a sale is the seller responsible for problems with a/c , dishwasher after closing ? both passed buyers inspection and have worked for them for the last 8 months. they also worked fine for seller for the 3 years seller lived in home. the other qustion i have is about a whirlpool tub that did have a problem on inspection but was repaired at sellers cost, and has worked for 3 months. how long am i responsible for it's mantinac/repair?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generally there is no warranty for these appliances. Once closing happens it is the responsibility of the Buyer. There may be a repair warranty on the whirlpool tub given by the repair contractor. It may be 30-60 days. Unlesss you the Seller gave a specific warranty for this item, consider it sold on an as-is basis just like the other appliances. The Buyer was free to purchase a homeowners warranty ie. American Home Shield if there desired coverage after closing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">