+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    tigreye is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005

    Smile how to relinquish rights to a property

    What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida. I live in Florida and own a home there My name is the only name on the mortgage but my spouse is on the deed and the home owners and the homestead (not by my choice). I was wondering if there was a document which my spouse could sign which would give her no rights to this property in case of my death. This home was bought and is now paid for by my daughter and her husband. My spouse and I have no financial ties to this home we are just the names on the paper work because the childrens credit was not worthy to get a mortgage at the time of purchase. So please tell me if I can get my spouse to sign a document relinquishing her rights to this property? Is this called a quit claims deed? Thank you.

  2. #2
    seniorjudge Guest
    You need to consult a real estate attorney in your area. What you are asking to do can quickly deteriorate into a real mess unless it is done correctly.

  3. #3
    Florid-aise is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    I was just about to say what SJ said when I read SJ's post to you.

    You are moments away from being years away from the solution if you do not sort this out now, and an attorney is a must in this case, based on your post.

Similar Threads

  1. Relinquish Rights
    By dwalls in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 01:27 PM
  2. Relinquish Parental rights/Relinquish child support?
    By princesschamp in forum Child Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 11:23 AM
  3. How to relinquish rights to Property?
    By dadeesgirl in forum Probate and Personal Representatives
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 11:13 AM
  4. Relinquish Rights
    By Want Relief in forum Child Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 12:17 PM
  5. Relinquish rights
    By nneedofanswers2 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 12:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.